IELTS Speaking Part-1 Questions/Topics

Examiner :  Good morning. My name is ..........
Examiner :  Please show me your identification/passport?  
You         : Yeah sure.
Examiner :  That's fine.thank you.
You         :  You're welcome.
Examiner :  Could you tell me your name please ?
You         :  My name is ......
Examiner :  What shall I call you?
You         :  You shall call me ........

Now Examiner start to ask you general/personal background question.

Follow this Test Taking Tips to get high band score(6.5 to 8.5)

Speak as much as you can

  • Speak at a reasonable volume and speed
  • Make a good impression
  • Know what to be expected
        You should follow standard procedures, do not ask the examiner:
        - Personal questions
        - Your result/score at the end of the test
        - To evaluate your performance.
  • Don’t panic if asked about unfamiliar topic
        -  Wherever possible, you should avoid silence in the speaking test

        -  Use “filler”, a language technique that tells your  listener
           "you are organizing your answer".
           Examples:
           +  That’s a  difficult/ interesting/ complex question; well, in my opinion…
           +  It’s a very interesting question but I don’t think  I ……
           +  Another type of ‘filler’ : um, ah or er…
   
  •     Don’t memorize
  •     Try to relax




    No comments:

    Post a Comment